Budget key message:
Overall the 2015-2016 School Year Budget represents a planned use of instructional operating reserves to the amount of $1,022,340. The majority of these funds will be used as a means to transition over a two year period the budget impact due to limited funding increases and the realization of higher operating costs.
- 1.8% increase to base funding grants and 2% increase to class size grants.
- All other grants remain at the 2014-2015 level
- Projected 3.7% Decline in student enrolment or 127 Full Time Equivalent Students
- Teachers 2% increase to salary grid and 1% lump sum payment in November 2015
- Support Staff Cupe – 2% increase to salary grid
- Support Staff Non-Union – 2% increase to salary grid
- Willow Creek School Bus Drivers Association – 0.0% increase to salary grid
- The recently announced budget adjustments by Alberta Education increase revenues but also increase costs as the 1% lump sum owed to teachers now comes out of the budget where as originally AB Ed was to provide additional funding to cover this payment. The net impact to LRSD is a decrease of $10,000.
- Rising fuel costs will continue to provide challenges in the transportation of students