Sometime between July 29, 2015 and August 6, 2015, unknown suspects broke into a residence in rural Fort Macleod Alberta and stole a large gun safe containing 6 long guns. The gun safe was recovered on August 6, 2015 however all the firearms have been removed. Police are asking anyone that may have information on the following firearms to contact the RCMP.
- Ruger rifle 10/22 with a Bushnell scope. This rifle is a white camouflage and was a special order. It has 50th anniversary engraved on the slide.
- Savage 22 calibre bolt action rifle. This rifle is black and was missing the bolt.
- Remington 870 shotgun 12 gauge. This shotgun is a black pump action with no wood.
- Cooey 12 gauge, break action. Shotgun has a duck head wood burned into the stock and is 'camo' taped.
- Cooey 12 gauge, break action shotgun with a wolf engraved into the stock and “Tom” engraved under the stock.
- Remington rifle 270 with Bushnell scope. Rifle is grey with 'camo' tape.
The RCMP are investigating this as a break & enter and theft. Police are requesting anyone with any information on this incident or any other crime to contact the Fort Macleod RCMP at (403) 553-7200 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).