Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Do you need to talk to someone over the holidays?
Here are some support lines that can be contacted over the holidays if you or a family member/friend need help or someone to talk to:
• The Family Violence Info Line provides a chat option between noon and 8 p.m. Phone support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in more than 170 languages at 310-1818.
• The Bullying Help Line provides a chat option between noon and 8 p.m. Phone support is available 24/7 in more than 170 languages at 1 888 456 2323.
• A Kinship Care Inquiry Phone Line was recently established to provide information, help and support in a variety of languages at 1-844-644-1329. Kinship care places children who can’t be with their biological parents with family or close friends to help the child remain connected to their culture and support systems.
• The Child Abuse Hotline has added a translation service so help is available in more than 200 languages at 1 800 387 5437.
• The Income Support Contact Centre will remain available over the holidays for emergency basic needs assistance at 1 866 644 5135.
• The Mental Health Help Line at 1-877-303-2642 will also be available to offer help for mental health concerns for Albertans.