The Integrated Traffic Unit has placed a tow ban Highway 2 between Edmonton and Millet until further notice. The tow ban will be lifted when conditions improve and allow for safe tow operations on the highway.
Strathcona County RCMP are advising motorists that road conditions in Strathcona County continue to be challenging as heavy snow continues. RCMP have responded to 8 Motor Vehicle Collision is the last 90 minutes throughout the County.
Some winter driving tips:
- Slow down when conditions are not ideal.
- Motorists have a legal obligation to drive according to road conditions.
- Keep your headlights on.
- Do not use cruise control in winter conditions.
- When travelling on snowy roads, try driving outside of the previous tire tracks to give you some extra traction.
- Signal well in advance of turning to give other motorists time to anticipate and react to your actions.
- Allow yourself extra distance to stop.
- Remember that bridge decks may be slippery even when other parts of the highway are not, since they are subject temperature fluctuations.